Key Dates for Admissions
11/01/18 2019-2020 Applications Available Online
01/01/19 Tuition Assistance Applications Accepted through FACTS
01/27/19 Open House for Prospective Students
12:30 – 2:00 p.m.
02/23/19 Admissions Test
8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
03/01/19 Deadline to submit Tuition Assistance Forms due to FACTS
04/27/19 Admissions Test
8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Upon Acceptance Textbooks/Supply Fee is due within two weeks of acceptance
*Shadow Days and School Day Tours can be scheduled by contacting the Admissions Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 478-742-0636.
How to Apply
To begin the Online Application process, access the application site from the button below and follow the steps to "Create an Account". Then, log in to your account and "Create A New Student Application" for your child. You will then have the flexibility to log in and out of your account and access your open application.
For admissions to 3K, the applicant must be 3 years of age before September 1.
For admissions to 4K, the applicant must be 4 years of age before September 1.
For admissions to 5k the applicant must be 5 years of age before September 1.
For admissions to 1st the applicant must be 6 years of age before September 1.
As per Diocese of Savannah policy, all students must be fully immunized.
To attend Saint Joseph’s Catholic School the following items must be received before the student’s application file is complete and considered for admission.
- Complete our online application and submit it with a $100.00 non-refundable application fee.
- An original birth certificate. We will make a copy of your original and return it back to you.
- A baptismal certificate for families applying for the Catholic tuition rate.
- A Parish Verification Form for families applying for the Catholic tuition rate. A new Parish Verification Form must be submitted to your pastor every year for determining tuition status for the following school year.
- A Teacher Recommendation Form must be submitted to the child’s current school. The school will mail it directly to Saint Joseph’s Catholic School.
- For students applying for grades 1 -6, we will need an Authorization to Release Student Records Form. This form requests records from the current school. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance.
- Your child’s latest report card.
- The results of any standardized tests your child has taken.
All students must submit all health forms.
- Georgia Certificate of Immunization, Form 3231
- Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening, Form 3300
All applications are reviewed by the Admissions Committee, which bases its decision on the school’s ability to meet the applicant’s needs. Acceptance is generally based on a review of the following: age, SJS Admissions Testing results, report cards, standardized testing results, student evaluations, teacher observation, and space availability. Falsification of records (birth certificate, report card, etc.) or the withholding of pertinent information regarding the student is not permitted. Admission to SJS will be refused should this occur.
All applicants are tested by appointment from the applications received. Please refer to the visit tab for our current testing schedule. Testing for applications received after these dates or during the active school year is scheduled on an individual basis.
While the screening is required for all applicants, it does not guarantee acceptance. Factors to be considered in the decision to accept any student are academic performance, effort, behavior, and work study habits. Entrance tests are only one means of determining if SJS can meet the applicant’s needs and if a child will be successful at SJS.
All Admissions decisions can take up to 30 days. Please note, if any documentation listed above is missing, this may delay your admissions review.
If there are no openings available, the student is placed on a waiting list for the school year. The students on the waiting list are not ranked. When an opening occurs, placement is determined by looking at the school profile of all students on the waiting list. All decisions are made by the Admissions Committee.
All applicants who are offered enrollment are accepted on a probationary basis for a minimum of one (1) semester.
St. Joseph's Catholic School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies and other school-administered programs.